Root ZTE smartphones
ZTE is one of the largest firm of China and is the 4th largest mobile phone vendor in the world. ZTE is very famous for it’s wireless technologies in terms of telecommunications. Recently in Mobile World Congress (MWC) held in Barcelona in 2017, ZTE demoed 5G network speeds and also announced a mobile with 5G support. ZTE is well known for its portable devices, Wi-Fi hot spots and many other consumer electronics. Some of them claim that ZTE smartphones have least security and they can be remotely accessed from anywhere.
As any other Chinese mobile ZTE is no exception to have plenty of bloatwre pre installed. These apps cannot be uninstalled and the only way to remove them is by rooting. Not only to remove bloatware but you can also speedup the device and install custom ROM’s on your device.
Rooting will void the warranty of your device. It may also cause irreversible damages if misused. We are not responsible for any kind of damages. Proceed at your own risk.
Before proceeding with rooting:
- Backup your device.
- Enable unknown sources in security settings.
- Enable unknown sources on your device.
ROOT ZTE WITHOUT PC:
This method is a simple process and can be done without the use of PC and technical knowledge. Simply download a rooting app and you can root your device in single click. This process has very minimal risks as well. Some rooting apps include:
Though this process is very easy, the success rate depends on several factors such as the app you are using, the device model and the android firmware version. The best thing in this process is that these apps support a large number of devices.
ROOT ZTE WITH PC:
This method of rooting is for advanced users only. You should have little technical knowledge to proceed further. This process is device specific and has high risks if misused. It is also the process with huge success rate if you use all the files and commands appropriately.
- Download ADB and Fastboot drivers
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- Download TWRP/CWM recovery image file that is compatible with your device model (A little Google will help).
- Download SuperSU.zip file.
- Unlocked bootlader.
- Enabe OEM unlocking in developer options.
- Connect your device to PC and copy the SuperSu.zip file into the root directory of your device memory.
- Open the command window where you have downloaded and saved TWRP/CWM image. It is better to save the recovery image in the folder where you have installed adb and fastboot drivers.
- Type the command ‘adb reboot bootlader’. This will reboot your phone into bootloader mode.
- Now we will flash recovery (TWRP or CWM) with the adb command ‘fastboot flash receovery TWRP.img’ to flash TWRP recovery (change to TWRP.img’ to CWM image if you have CWM recovery image).
- After successfully flashing TWRP or CWM type the command as ‘fasboot reboot recovery’. This will reboot your device to recovery.
- Select install in recovery menu and install SuperSU.zip file you have copied into phone’s root directory. Slide the bar to confirm flashing. Once the installation is done wipe dalvik cache and reboot the device. Done, your device is rooted.
This process is broadly similar to most ZTE models. But the recovery images and SuperSU.zip files might vary depending on the country and the model of the device. As ZTE has different variants for different countries, proceed with caution. For example, though the model is same in Europe and China, flashing a Chinese TWRP image may brick European model. Make sure that you have accurate files required for the device.
Share your opinions and Questions in comments.