Quick Access Required Content
How to Root LeEco Smartphone.
Root LeEco Phone , LeEco formerly known as LeTV is a Chinese company which is well known to other countries through its android smartphones. LeEco also impressed many users with its great features at relatively low price. Although the company is presently selling its devices only in three countries (China, India and USA), it has gained immense popularity because of the pricing. LeEco devices are relatively cheaper than other devices which provide similar features or harbor similar hardware.
Rooting your LeEco device will enable its users to uninstall the bloatware which is immensely popular on LeEco devices. These devices come with many pre-loaded apps which cannot be uninstalled by the user. Rooting will give the option to uninstall these apps as well as install Custom ROM’s on your device. As the device is limited to few countries the rooting support is either poor or limited.
Before rooting your device make sure you do a complete backup of your device. Rooting may void the warranty of your device. Please proceed at your own risk.
ROOT LeEco WITHOUT PC:
The one click rooting apps helps users to root their device without much trouble. This method also has less risks and supports large number of devices. Before proceeding with this method make sure ‘unknown sources’ is enabled on your device security settings. Enabling this feature will allow you to install the rooting app which is not available on Google Play Store.
There are many one click root apps with which you can root your LeEco phone. KingRoot is one such famous app. Download and install KingRoot app on your phone. Open the app and click on ‘start root’. Once the rooting process is finished you will get the message ‘root successfully’. Done, your phone is rooted.
Though this method is very simple the success rate depends on many factors such as your device, its hardware, android firmware version and network connectivity.
For better success of rooting and for advanced users follow the guide below for rooting your LeEco device (LeEco Le Pro 3 is taken here as example). This method has better success rate than one click rooting procedure but also has high amount of risks if not used properly.
After you have all the files and drivers installed, make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of your device. Also do a complete backup of your device.
- Copy the TWRP recovery image file you have downloaded into the ADB folder.
- Start ADB and fastboot driver you have downloaded in the above step.
- Copy the SuperSU file into your device root folder.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot mode (Power button + volume down) and connect your device to PC.
- Flash the recovery image by typing the command ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img’
- Recovery will be flashed and reboot your phone into recovery mode (power + volume up).
- Select the ‘install option’ in TWRP recovery options, select the zip file you have copied into your device and slide the slider to right to confirm.
- Done, reboot your phone. Your device is rooted and you can see SuperSU app installed.
Note that this method is device specific and kindly check for all the compatible files. If any file is mismatched, it may brick your device or you will be stuck at bootloop. Proceed with care.
Share your questions and thoughts in comments below.