Quick Access Required Content
How to root Lenovo Smartphone.
Root Lenovo, Lenovo is one of the Chinese company which manufactures not only android smartphone but also other devices like personal computers, smart TV’s, storage devices, tablets and many more. Lenovo, with its mobile phones primarily intended to compete with Apple in China. By producing decent phones which have good features, hardware and at relatively low price, the Chinese firm successfully reached many.
Lenovo is known with different brand names in different regions. It is known as Idea phone in other countries while it is known as LePhone in China. The other Lenovo devices such as ZUK/Motorola are the branches of Lenovo with their own branding.
With some successful smartphones with excellent hardware Lenovo phone might require rooting to make use of the device to its full potential. The rooting process helps to uninstall bloatware, tweak the CPU of the device and install custom ROMs.
Rooting your device will void warranty of your device. Misusing the process may brick your device or get you stuck in boot loop. We are not responsible for any damages incurred. Proceed at your own risk.
Before rooting your device make a complete backup to PC. Enable ‘unknown sources’ in device security settings. Enable ‘USB debugging’ in developer options. If you can’t see developer options, navigate to settings – about phone – build number. Tap on build number for 7 times and you will see the message as ‘you are now a developer’. Now you can see developer options in settings menu.
ROOT Lenovo WITHOUT PC:
This method is a very simple method and does not require much technical knowledge. With just single click you can root your device. There are many such apps which will root your device with a single click. Some of the popular apps include:
The basic procedure is same in all apps. Download any of the above app and install on your device. Click on the respective option on respective app to root your device. You will get success message once the rooting process is done.
This process is very simple but the success rate depends on the device compatibility supported by the app as well the android firmware version. You may get a failure error even though your device meets all required conditions. Try until you succeed. There is minimal to zero risk in this method.
ROOT Lenovo WITH PC:
This method of rooting is for advanced users and requires some technical skill or knowledge.
This method has high risk but has high success rate. The rooting method with PC requires certain set of drivers/softwares and it is device model sensitive procedure. It means each model has a different rooting method. Make sure you are following accurate procedure for your respective device or you may permanently brick your device.
Before proceeding with rooting process, download the ADB and Fastoot drivers from HERE. You should have unlocked bootloader to start the rooting process. Note that unlocking the bootloader will wipe the user data. Make a full backup before proceeding. Enable USB debugging, OEM unlocking and advanced reboot (if available) on your device developer options.
- Download TWRP image which is compatible for your device. This is the recovery image which will help you to you to flash recovery on your device is different for different models. Check your device compatibility for TWRP image file.
- Move the TWRP image file to the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Download SuperSU.zip file from HERE and copy it into the root folder of your device memory.
- Connect your device to PC and and run command in the folder where you have installed ADB (right click in empty space and click on run command here).
- Once the command window appears type in ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’
- This will install TWRP recovery on your device. Reboot your device into recovery (power button + volume up + volume down).
- Once in recovery, select advanced, select install and select the SuperSu.zip file you have copied into the device. Slide to confirm flashing and you are done. Your device is rooted. Boot your device into normal mode, you can see SuperSU app on your device.
This method has very high success rate and also has very high risks. Proceed with caution and download only compatible recovery images.
Share your opinions and questions in comments below.