Quick Access Required Content
How to Root Huawei phone.
Root Huawei Android Phone, Huawei is one of the leading manufacturers of smartphones and other related products and is largest telecom equipment making company in China. It has wide variety of smartphones that come with relatively low price when compared to its competitors. Huawei provides excellent features in terms of build quality as well as hardware options.
The phones from Huawei range from mid ranged to premium devices and has sold over 3.3 million smartphones throughout the world. The Google Nexus P is manufactured by Huawei.
Before you root your Huawei device, make sure you have backed your device to PC. Rooting may brick your device or may get into boot loop. Rooting will also void warranty of your device. Proceed at your own risk.
NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ROOTING PROCESS WITH ANY METHOD (WITHOUT PC OR WITH PC) MENTIONED BELOW.
ROOT Huawei WITHOUT PC:
There are many apps which support one click root on your phone without use of PC. This process is handy for those who are not familiar with advanced rooting processes. This process also has very less or zero risks.
These one click rooting apps will root your device and will install requires superuser files. Make sure you are connected to a good internet connection. Before proceeding with one click root you need to do the following steps:
- Enable ‘unknown sources’ on your device security settings.
- Any file explorer app.
- Enable USB debugging in developer options.
- Any one click rooting app which is compatible for your device.
Most popular rooting apps include:
With these one click root apps, the success rate depends on your device’s compatibility and the version of the rooting app you are using. Ensure that you meet all the requirements.
One click rooting process may have varied range of results. The success rate equally balances the failure rate. Try using different apps if you have error with any one of them.
ROOT Huawei WITH PC:
Rooting your Huawei device with a PC is for advanced users and kindly proceed if you are familiar with technical terms and tools used in this process. Before you proceed with rooting process make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Unlocked bootloader of your device.
- ADB Drivers.
- Fastboot drivers.
- USB Drivers of your device.
- USB Debugging enabled on your device.
Huawei devices run on Emotion User Interface (EMUI) and this version varies depending on the android firmware version.
- EMUI 2X for Android 4.0.1 to 4.4
- EMUI 3X for Android 4.4 to 5.1
- EMUI 4X for Android 6
- EMUI 5X for Android 7
In this process I will give an example of rooting Huawei device running on EMUI 4. The basic process is same for other device except for the tool used. Choose the rooting tool depending on the EMUI version of your device as this tool kit will root depending on the EMUI version.
- Download EMUI 4 rooting toolkit from HERE.
- Extract the files and open the .exe file. The tool will be in Chinese but yet you can understand the process easily.
- Select ‘xyz recovery’ (xyz is in Chinese) in the tool and select TWRP.img file to flash TWRP recovery.
- After TWRP recovery is flashed, boot into recovery mode. TWRP will be in Chinese but you can switch to English and root your device in ‘advanced options’ which is found in TWRP recovery. Your device will reboot to normal after rooting and you can see SuperSU app on your device.
Note that this process is for selected models and you can switch to your device compatible rooting toolkit depending on your EMUI version. The process more or less the same.
Share your opinions and questions in comments below.