Quick Access Required Content
HOW TO ROOT YOUR ASUS Zenfone with PC:
Root Asus zenfone with PC is for advanced users and it has more success than the non PC rooting methods. Note that though it has high success rate, there are high risks as well. Don’t follow this procedure if you are not an advanced user.
NOTE: Most ASUS devices run on Intel atom processors, so you may require Intel USB drivers to ensure your device’s connectivity to PC and make the rooting process smoothly.
To root asus phone without pc
ROOT ASUS ZENFONE 4 (4.4.2 KitKat):
- Follow the default preparations as mentioned above before proceeding for rooting i.e, enable unknown, sources, enable usb debugging and backup your device.
- Download Intel USB drivers from HERE and install on your PC.
- Download and install ADB drivers from HERE
- Turn off your device and boot into droid bootloader mode by pressing power button and volume up button.
- Download Root Zenfone tool from HERE and extract to the same folder where it has been downloaded.
- Connect your device to PC and you will see a message ‘ready to download’ on your mobile screen.
- Open ‘OPEN.CMD’ found in the files you have extracted. The type in the following command
‘cmd:fastboot flash update root_zenfone4_v4.2.0.zip’
And press enter
- You are done, your phone is rooted. Download Superuser manually from Play Store.
ROOT ASUS ZENFONE 5 (4.4.2 KitKat):
- Download the root file from HERE and extract to the downloaded folder.
- Open the extracted folder and single click on ‘files’, then press shift key on your key board and right click the mouse and you will see an option ‘Open Command here’, select it and a command window opens up.
- Don’t close the window, go to the extracted folder again and double click on ‘root zenfone 5- en’ or ‘zenfone 5-ww’. Wait for the batch file to execute the process and look for instructions on the command window you have opened in the above step.
- Your phone will reboot 6-7 times and you need to press any key on your keyboard to continue the process. After the final reboot you will get a message as ‘All done. Enjoy your Rooted phone’ in the command window. You can see SuperSU installed on your device as well.
ROOT ASUS ZENFONE 2 (Android Marshmallow):
This process has two steps
- Unlocking Bootloader
- Boot your device into fastboot mode.
- Connect your device to PC and make sure USB debugging is on.
- Download and extract the files from HERE.
- Click in ‘bootloader unlocker’ batch file. Your device will power off and immediately press the volume up button. Press and hold volume up until you see bootloader.
- Now double click TWRP.bat. Done your phone’s bootloader is unlocked.
- Reboot into fastboot again and double click ‘root unroot magisk’ batch file.
- Your phone will reboot and may take some time to reboot again. Done, your phone is rooted.
Note that the download link provided in there has several sub folders which you can download individually or all at once as zip file. All files are not necessary. Download what is needed for you.
NOTE: This process highly technique sensitive. Proceed with care or else you will end up in bricking your phone or boot loop.
ROOT ASUS ZENFONE 3 (ZE552KL/ZE520KL):
To root Asus Zenfone 3 you need to unlock bootloader first. Note that you can unlock bootloader of Asus Zenfone 3 officially and unofficially. Official unlocking of bootloader will not get any OTA update notification. To avoid this you can unlock bootloader unofficially.
- Download the required files from here, which includes the unlocking app and all drivers from HERE.
- Extract the files to a folder. Reboot your device into bootloader mode (power + volume up).
- Double click on 0.unlock_ZE552KL.bat or 0.unlock_ZE520KL.bat depending on your device model.
- Follow the screen your device will have unlocked bootloader.
- Download TWRP recovery image files for your respective device model from HERE.
- Download rooting files that need to be pushed with adb commands from HERE and HERE. Select the appropriate file for suitable for your device model.
- Hold shift key and right click in the empty space of the folder where you have extracted the above files and run the command editor.
- Enter the command ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-xyz.img’ where xyz is your respective twrp image for your particular device model.
- By holding the volume dowb button enter the command ‘fastboot reboot’ and then in the menu after rebooting select recovery.
- You can boot into recovery manually by turning off the phone and the press power button and volume down button.
- After rebooting into recovery check mark the option ‘keep system read only’ in the TWRP recovery menu.
- Enter the command ‘adb push dot. supersu /data/.supersu’ then select the ‘ADB sideload’ in TWRP menu and enter the command ‘adb sideload SuperSU.zip’
- Reboot your phone. Done, your phone is rooted.
ROOT ASUS ZENFONE 3 ULTRA (Android 7):
To root Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra you should unlock bootloader first. Unfortunately there is no official support to unlock bootloader and hence rooting of this model still under development. Even one click root apps will fail to root your device.
ROOT ASUS ZENFONE 6:
There is little or no support to for rooting Asus Zenfone 6. You can try rooting it with the help of one click rooting apps.