Quick Access Required Content
How to Root Coolpad phones / devices
Root Coolpad tutorial, Coolpad is one of the largest mobile manufacturers in China. It is previously known as China Wireless Technologies. It has stepped into android market providing decent mobiles at relatively low price. Coolpad joined hands with LeEco to jointly manufacture devices with same Coolpad branding.
By rooting your Coolpad device you can uninstall the bloatware that generally come with most of the coolpad devices. You can also install custom ROM’s to have more in depth experience of your smartphone.
Rooting will remove warranty on your device. It may also case unrecoverable damages. Proceed at your own risk. You can root your coolpad device with or without PC. Before you proceed to rooting, you have to:
- Backup your device to PC.
- Enable ‘unknown sources’ on device security settings.
- Enable USB debugging in device’s developer options.
- Connect to a better Wi-Fi or switch to 3G or LTE connections.
ROOT Coolpad WITHOUT PC:
For users who are not familiar with advanced terms and technical details to root your device on PC, one click apps comes handy. You can root your device without much difficulty in a single click. All you need is to find an appropriate rooting app that is compatible with your device as well as your android firmware version.
KingRoot is a popular one click app which can root most android devices. Download KingRoot app and install on your device. Run the application and allow the installation of KingRoot if you get any security warning. It will take few minutes depending on your device speed as well your network speed. Finally you will get a message as ‘rooting successful’.
That’s it, your device has been rooted in a single click. Though this method seems quite easy there are heavy failure rates and your device many not be rooted by using KingRoot. To avoid this you can proceed to advanced rooting process which uses a PC and few other drivers/softwares for accurate results.
Note that rooting method using PC is different for different devices even though they are of same brand. Kindly proceed with caution and check your device model before rooting. In this method I have selected Coolpad Note 3 as an example.
Follow These Steps to root coolpad
Before rooting your Coolpad Note 3 via computer, download the following files:
- SP Driver installer
- Driver Setup
- SP Flash Tool
- Recovery image for flashing recovery into your device
- Scatter Text for your device
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- After installing all drivers listed above, reboot your PC.
- Move Recovery image and Scatter text into the Flashtool folder where you have extracted it.
- Copy the SuperSU.zip file to the root directory of your device.
- Run flashtool, click on scatter loading and select the scatter text you have moved before to the flashtool folder.
- Click in download.
- Switch off the phone, connect it to PC via USB and click the volume up button twice. You will see a progress bar begins to start in the flashtool. After some time you will see a green tick in a popup message on PC. This means you have successfully installed recovery on your device.
- Disconnect your device from PC and reboot into recovery (power + volume up).
NOTE: DON’T REBOOT YOUR PHONE INTO NORMAL MODE AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY. REBOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE ONLY.
- Select ‘install’ on your device after rebooting into recovery. Select SuperSU.zip file which you have copied onto your device. Confirm the flashing procedure and you are done. Your device is rooted.
Make sure that you have appropriate files before starting the rooting process. Also make sure your device compatibility. If misused you may brick your device or get into boot loop.
Share your questions and thoughts in comments below.