How to Unlock Huawei Bootloader
Huawei has official support of unlocking the bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader is required in order to root the device and install custom ROM’s. Unlocking bootoader will void warranty of your device. We are not responsible for any damages incurred. Proceed at your own risk.
Before unlocking huawei bootloader :
- Backup your device to PC.
- Downoad and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging in developer options on your device. If you can’t see developer options on your device, go to settings – about phone – build number and tap on build number for 7 times. This will unlock the developer options on your device.
- Enable OEM unlocking in developer options on your device if it is available.
- Install USB driver of your device on your PC.
After you have installed all required files, go to Huawei Dev site and login with your id and password. If you don’t have and id, register yourself and login. Accept all the terms and conditions. Then later you will be asked to enter your device model, serial number of your device and IMEI id. You can find your device serial number in settings – about phone – model number. IMEI id can be obtained by dialing *#06# on your device. If your phone has dual sims and dual IME numbers, enter IMEI 2 in Huawei Developers Site. Click on submit and they will send a key to your registered email id.
- Once you have the key connect your device to PC via USB cable. Open the command prompt in the folder where you have installed ADB (Open the folder where you’ve installed ADB, hold shift and right click in empty space and select open command here).
- Check whether your device is recognized by your PC and ADB command by typing the command ‘adb devices’. This will list out the adb devices. If your device is not recognized, you may need to reinstall the USB drivers of your device or change the USB cable.
- Now enter the command ‘adb reboot bootloader’ This will reboot your device into bootloader mode. Once your device is in bootloader mode check if it is correctly recognized or not by typing in the command ‘fastboot devices’. This will list out the devices connected in fastboot mode.
- Now type the command ‘fastboot oem unlock XXXX’ where XXXX is the unlock code sent to you via email. Hit enter and you will get success message in command window.
- Type the command ‘fastboot reboot’ to reboot your device. The reboot will take time and all your user data will be wiped. Your device will be fresh as new. You can restore your data from the backup.
Note that this process is for advanced users who have technical skill and knowledge. Please do not proceed if you are unfamiliar with the process.
Share your opinions in comments below.