How to Root OnePlus Smartphone.
OnePlus had a tremendous impact when they released their first mobile OnePlus One. Though the selling system of the first device was limited to ‘invite only’ it still reached many and stole hearts. Not only in terms of hardware it has but also the built quality and the pricing also gave this mobile a huge success. This made them release a series of mobile, OnePlus Two, OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5 respectively. All these devices saw a huge success and gave heavy competition to other flagship devices.
With such a huge hardware you might feel it limited in terms usability and you may be inclined to root the device. So to have your OnePlus device work at its full potential with more options, install Custom ROM’s and many more you have to root your device.
Rooting will void warranty of your device. It may also cause permanent damages. Proceed at your own risk.
Before proceeding with rooting of your device make sure you have backed up your device. This method is for advanced users only as the one click rooting methods are not much reliable with OnePlus devices.
One Plus Root – PREREQUISITES:
- Unlocked Bootloader of your device.
- Enable USB Debugging in developer options.
- ADB and Fastboot drivers
- All in Tool for performing required actions on your device
- Enable OEM unlocking in developer options.
- Enable advanced boot in developer options
- zip file.
Before proceeding to rooting process, make sure you have unlocked the bootloader. You can unlock the bootloader with this tool or you can unlock from the official site as well. Unlocking bootloader will wipe the user data. Please make a backup before doing it.
- Once you have all the required files installed or extracted on your PC, connect your device to PC.
- Copy SuperSU.zip file to the root directory of your device’s storage.
- Open All in One tool and click on Flash TWRP recovery. Select ‘And Boot it” seen below Flash TWRP recovery option.
- The tool will download the corresponding TWRP image file and flash to the device. After flashing is done, it will boot your device into Recovery.
- Click in ‘install’ found in TWRP recovery in your device.
- Scroll down to select the SuperSU.zip file which you have copied earlier and tap on it to install. A slider will ask to confirm the flashing. Slide it to right to confirm flashing.
- After successfully installing the SuperSU file select on reboot. That’s it, your OnePlus device is rooted.
Note that this process supports all OnePlus devices including the latest OnePlus 5 as well. This process is for advanced users only so proceed with caution.
Share your thoughts and questions in comments below.