Quick Access Required Content
How to Root Micromax smartphone.
Micromax is a very popular brand in India. It is very popular in releasing budget android phones with decent specs. It is one of the largest mobile manufacturing company in India. Micromax is facing a very strong competition with the entrance of Chinese brands. Still there are plenty of buyers who look for Micromax when it comes to budget smartphone.
Like other Chinese brands, Micromax also comes with plenty of bloatware pre installed on their devices. Uninstalling these apps are blocked by default. To remove these unwanted apps you have to root your device. By rooting your device, you get higher permissions to modify your base system. You can not only uninstall the unnecessary apps but also you can install custom ROM’s, supercharge the CPU and have superior functionalities.
Rooting your device will remove warranty on your device. It may cause irreversible damages. We are not responsible for any damages. Proceed at your own risk.
Before proceeding with rooting procedure
- Backup your device.
- Enable unknown sources on your device security settings.
- Enable USB debugging in developer options.
This method of rooting involves minimal to zero risks. This process has mixed results as well. Even though your device and firmware version meets the requirements of the rooting app you are using, you may get failure message. Keep trying until you succeed.
ROOT Micromax WITH PC:> This method is for advanced users only. This method has high amount of risks and can permanently brick your device if misused. Proceed with caution.
- Download ADB and Fastoon drivers from HERE
- Download SP flash tool From HERE
- SuperSU.zip file which is compatible for your device firmware version.
- Download Android Scatter Text that is suitable for your device (Google will help).
- compatible TWRP image for your device and copy to the folder where you have installed SP flash tool.
After downloading all the required files, connect your device to PC and copy the SuperSU.Zip file in the root folder of your device internal memory.
- Connect your device to PC and open SP Flash tool.
- Load the respective scatter text you have downloaded for your device.
- Load TWRP image in the recovery button seen in SP flash tool.
- Remove the battery to turn off the phone, re insert it and don’t turn on the device.
- Click on download button in SP flash tool and after successfully flashing the recovery image you will get a green check mark message as a popup.
- Reboot your device into recovery and install the SuperSU.zip you have copied into your device. Once flashing is done wipe the dalvik cache and reboot normally. You will have SuperSU app on your device, update its binary normally and you are done.
Note that the scatter text and TWRP image files are device specific for certain models. Ensure that you have the compatible files to avoid risks.
Share your opinions and questions in comments below.