Quick Access Required Content
Root InFocus smartphones
InFocus is a US based company that manufactures display panels for TV’s, smartphones and display projectors. InFocus later started producing its own smartphones and selling in China, India and other Middle Eastern countries. InFocus mobiles range from premium to mid range and they have released more mid ranged than premium devices.
Rooting of InFocus phone is required to uninstall any bloatware and to install custom ROM’s. You can also tweak the device CPU to attain higher speeds.
Note that rooting will break the warranty of your device. You may get into unrecoverable damages. We are not responsible for any kind of damages. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Rooting Infocus :
- Backup your device to PC.
- Enable unknown sources from device security settings.
- Enable USB debugging in developer options. To unlock developer options go to settings – about phone – build number and tap on build number 7X times and developer options will be unlocked.
- Enable OEM Unlocking in developer options.
ROOT InFocus WITHOUT PC:
Rooting without PC does not require any technical skill. It is the simplest way to root your device. Install any rooting app such as KingRoot, Kingoroot, iRoot, Framaroot, Root Genius etc on your device and run the app.
Tap the one click root option and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the procedure. This process has less risks and you can try using different apps if you could not achieve success with a certain app.
Though these apps support vast number of devices the success rate depends on the device model, android firmware version and the version of the rooting app itself. Check the developer’s website for support.
ROOT InFocus WITH PC:
This process requires some technical skill and knowledge. It is for advanced users and involves high amount of risks. Proceed with extreme caution. Avoid it if you are not familiar with technical terms used in this procedure.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers for your PC.
- Download suitable TWRP image for your device (Google will help) and copy it into the folder where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Download SuperSU.zip and copy into the device root directory.
- Enable OEM unlocking in developer options.
- Enable USB debugging.
Connect your phone to PC and open the command in the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot (right click in empty space and select open command here from the options menu).
- Enter the command ‘adb reboot bootloader’
- After rebooting into bootloader type the command ‘fastboot OEM unlock’ Press volume up key to confirm.
- Then flash the recovery image by typing ‘fastboot falsh recovery recovery.img’
- After successfully flashing reboot the phone with the commad ‘fastboot reboot’
- Rebooting will take some time and after successfully rebooting into normal mode, reboot into recovery mode by typing the command ‘adb reboot recovery’.
- Once in recovery select install in recovery menu options and select the SuperSU.zip file you have copied into the device. Slide the bar to confirm the install. Reboot the device normally after installing the file. Congrats you have successfully rooted your device and you can see SuperSU app on your device.
This method is broadly similar to most of the InFocus devices. Make sure you have the appropriate recovery image files and rooting app. Flashing incompatible files will brick your device. Some devices may need to install a temporary recovery image to flash the actual required TWRP/CWM recovery.
Share your opinions in comments below.