Unlock Gionee bootloader
Most of the Gionee devices come with locked bootloader but some older devices which run on mediatek processors come with unlocked bootloader. Nonetheless you can check the bootloader status (locked or unlocked with simple adb command). If you have locked bootloader you may need to unlock in order to proceed with rooting procedure.
- Backup your device to PC.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your device found in developer options. If you can’t find developer options on your device go to settings – about – device number and tap on device number for 7 times, developer options will be unlocked.
- Make sure you have USB drivers of your device installed on your PC.
trong>NOTE: Unlocking bootloader is a process for advanced users. Proceed only if you have technical knowledge and skill. There can be permanent damages if misused.
- Open the Command prompt in the folder where you have ADB and Fastboot installed (right click in empty space and select open command here).
- Connect your device to PC via USB and type the command ‘adb devices’. This will detect the list of devices connected. If you can’t see your device, uninstall USB drivers of your device and reinstall them.
- If your device is recognized typethe command ‘adb reboot bootloader’. This will reboot your device into bootloader mode.
- Once in bootloader mode type the command ‘fastboot oem unlock’. This will unlock the bootloader of the device.
- After your device has successfully unlocked bootloader, reboot it by typing the command ‘fastboor reboot’. This will reboot your device and the rebooting process will take some time.
After the reboot user date will be wiped and your device will be fresh as new. You can restore it from the backup.
Share your opinions in comments below.