Quick Access Required Content
How to root Gionee smartphone
Root Gionee Tutorial, Gionee is one of the largest mobile manufacturing company in China. It is well known for its budget android smartphones which have premium features. The Gionee was once defamed by a German firm stating that Gionee sells its devices with pre installed malware. Nonetheless all Gionee devices come with plenty of bloatware preinstalled which cannot be uninstalled by default. Rooting your device will help in removing these unnecessary applications and frees up plenty of memory.
Rooting Gionee will void warranty of your device. It will brick your device or you may get stuck in boot loop if misused. We are not responsible for any damages incurred. Proceed at your own risk.
Before rooting gionee device:
- Enable ‘unknown sources’ in device security options.
- Do a complete backup of your device to PC.
- Enable USB debugging in developer options.
- Enable OEM unlocking also found in developer options.
ROOT Gionee WITHOUT PC:
Rooting without PC is a simple process which does not require any technical knowledge. It also involves minimum to no risks. You can root your device with a single click. The success rate depends on the version of the app, device compatibility and android firmware version. There are many apps which will root your device in single click. Some popular apps include:
These apps will root your device at ease but note that some apps are either discontinued or there is not developer support. Also the apps are compatible with certain versions of android firmware only. So the success rate is a trial and error process. Even though your device is compatible with all the necessary requirements you may get a failure message.
ROOT Gionee WITH PC:
Rooting your device with a PC is more accurate and highly successful process. This process also involves high risks if misused. You should have basic knowledge of technical terms and certain steps used in this process. Proceed with caution.
After downloading and installing all the required files, connect your device to PC.
- Copy the SuperSU.zip file into the internal memory root folder of your device.
- Open SP flash tool and click on scatter loading and select the TWRP image you have downloaded for your device. Note that TWRP image should be compatible with your device. Check for accurate version before flashing.
- After selecting the TWRP image click on download button. The process will complete in few minutes.
- Once the download process is completed, disconnect the device from PC, remove the battery of your device and reconnect to PC (without battery) and press volume up.
- The flashing of recovery continues and your will see a green tick as a popup which means you have successfully flashed TWRP on to your device.
- Disconnect your device from PC, power off and reboot into recovery (power + volume up). Once rebooted into recovery go to install option and install the SuperSU.zip file you have copied into the device. Slide the bar to confirm the installation.
- After successfully installing SuperSU file wipe dlavik cache and reboot the device. Reboot process will take little longer . After successfully reboot you can see SuperSU app on your device and you are done.
Note: This method is for advanced users and you may damage your device if misused. Please refrain yourself if you are not familiar with the process.
Share your questions and thoughts in comments below.